Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Off Leash - Semi-Finalist in 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest

I'm so excited I can barely sit but I did make myself go out and edit tonight. So that's a bit of a party for me. I just found out today that my new YA nitty gritty story, Off Leash, is one of 50 semi-finalist in the 2011 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Contest. I couldn't believe it because the story is so different I wasn't sure what the judges would think. I mean, honestly, I know the stories great but letting a dog have its own POV can be challenging. Then there's the angry teen POV voice which strangely I can handle writing - must be that inner teen I live with.

So I sent out my mass emails to all my friends, YA loops, etc and I have to say getting a "that's great and congrats" actually does mean a lot. I try to always fire off a quick note to authors when they win something because in this digital fast-oh-so-fast day, a friendly note does make people smile. So for all the smiles I received today - again thank you they are greatly appreciated. I'm bottling them up and saving them for rainy days.

I also found out that people can actually read my excerpt through Amazon - which I will confess at first freaked me out but now I'm okay with it. The freak out part was me wanting to edit it more. But okay, it's out there. Here is the link if you'd like to read what I posted. Hope you all enjoy.

To all the authors who entered the 2011 Amazon contest - I say you are all winners! You wrote the book, told your story and for me that's sometimes the goal.

http://www.amazon.com/Off-Leash-excerpt-Breakthrough-ebook/dp/B004TEYTZA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&m=AZC9TZ4UC9CFC&s=digital-text&qid=1303865123&sr=1-2

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Renee!!

Renee Pace said...

Thanks so much Anne. Fingers and toes crossed something will come of this!